We all want to get more sales to make a profit. Right? But it is not easy to follow most tactics present on the Internet or they do not give enough information to make the right decision. In this Post We are going to write down various tactics in three parts in the order they can achieve: Easy, Medium, Hard. We also go over voice search, how to appear in google voice search. These listed tactics will help you to increase sales online and also help you to make your website more SEO friendly.
If you are looking for OpenCart Platform features, we have written an article on it you can read OpenCart Feature
Yeah! you can do easy one within a few days to come into the light of Google or Search Engine. And then you can do Medium tactics and then Hard. One thing, I want to say if you want to increase your sales than focus must be on your products and customer. Learn to read your customer needs and how and when they buy most.
Lets starts, Read these tactics very carefully, maybe you heard these or doing right now. But i m sure you might not do all these things regularly. I will write in Keep it Simple and Stupid (Kiss) manner. As it is very easy to understand, also help you to make a decision and take action accordingly.
EASY Tactics To increase sales online
Easy tactics are fairly simple and start with own website and end on your own website. We will focus on On Page SEO to get the website ranked in Search Engine. If our website gets ranked into search engine then you will get customer/user without spending a single penny. Its sounds amazing, yup But for this we have to do a lot of work. These are possibly small things can use any company or website owner or blog owner to increase sales online. Your task list is ahead…
Adding Correct content to Website
First is First. Get some time 30 min or more will be fine. Open your website, Start checking like you are about to buy a product from this website. Go to Home page or the product page. Start analyzing like i want to buy this product and finding information so you can make a decision to make an order.
To Do List. You check these things to make sure On Page SEO. It will help you get ranked in Search Engine without paying a single penny to SEO company.
- Check Url structure of Your website? Does Url is simple to read? Does Url contain product name and keyword that you want to rank in search engine?
- Check products Images, Are they Visible? Are they high Resolution? Do magnify apply (people can hover mouse to see a big portion of an image )?
- Read product content, Do text contains grammar mistakes? The written text makes sense? Text written on the product page convey information about products
- All features of a product listed? which is essential to make people mind for placing an order. Adding correct features will help your product to sell online easily.
- Are Images have text in their alt tag? alt tag text tells the search engine what kind of image is this. Mainly describing image purpose: like Red Apple, Red Carpet Image, jumping cat over a wall, etc.
SEO Optimized Products: Rank in Search Engine
Now, your website on page SEO is done. I think you did a great job. So move to the next step. In this step, we are going to make our product page even better for Search Engine to give priority over another website. Also helps convert a visitor to your customer. The product page is what people check mainly and make orders.
Make sure product descriptions are readable (use bullets, easy to skim content)
Follow these simple rules to optimize product page. Rules are neither hard nor simple. Let me explain it
- First thing what you read? A Product name? I know not everyone agrees, but most of us read the product name first and then see the product image. That’s why the product name must exactly reflect on the product you are selling.
- Write Attractive Product Name. Here is some Example i found on Amazon while searching “Pack of 2 Metal Pen Pencil Tool Holder Table Desk Organizer for Home Office”, “COI Note Pad/Memo Book with Sticky Notes & Clip Holder with Pen for Gifting”, “Callas Metal Mesh 6 Compartment Desk Organizer (Black)”. These Product Name clear reflect where it can use and what is the purpose of their work.
- The second thing is Product Images -> Images have a high impact on people mind it can force them to order a product right now. That’s why Amazon, Flipkart, SnapDeals, and other Big Companies only take images which have high quality as well as large resolution. People can see do zoom on image. And see every single Pixel of image.
- I have one question. Do you buy a product whose image is not so good ? can you make your mind to buy that ? …. The answer is no. You might not want to buy a product that you can not imagine what kind of product you gonna receive.
- Give More information through Product Description. You read it right. A product description is where people usually go through and try to find is this product fulfill their requirement or not. Read everything where the product can be useful and write features in simple language. Use Images if necessary to show a product in action.
- Customer Testimonial /Reviews this is where most people make mistakes and do not ask their customer post review about the product. What you can do?
You can do two things. Mail back to existing customer to post a review about the product and also give a rating. More rating and reviews mean more trust gain of upcoming visitors and hence seeing your sales graph going up….
If you are selling hundreds of product or more than you must read our Editing lots of products now easy OpenCart
Or You can buy some rating and review from other company. But this kind of act usually does not give profit in the long run. As a customer is smart now. They can catch your act of paid reviews. I do not recommend you. But you can try. This is what Most App companies doing to get rank in the App Store in keywords. They heir companies to download App with searching on specific keywords and When no of download rising than they stop doing it. As their App is already on top 10 ranked in App Play Store :P.
Change Banner | Visibility, and Readability
We always like to see the good quality of images and video. Think according to customer point of view. Images and Video you uploaded to a website for your customer. Are they appealing? Video is giving a solution to a customer’s solution? If Answer is NO. Then it is time to change Videos and Images and Create good quality of images that will drive your customer attention.
Think again why Big companies heir good awesome designer to create a quality of images and investing too much. Answer is Because they know their products requires customer’s attention.
- Check Banner or Video have on your website Again
- If you found you can improve them Improve it NOW.
- Or you can replace with new.
Tips to create Good Banners and Videos for Products
If you are not a designer, Do not worry i m also not a designer, but still create something good not from scratch how designer does. But using predesigned templates. There are some free really good designing websites like Canva which offer more than 500+ pre-designs templates which can be used to create new attractive banner for not only products also on social posting. Or you can heir Good designer to make a banner and videos.
Now comes what text should be written on the banner so the customer must click or think about your offer or can not decline it. This is one of the most difficult tasks. Really difficult. I know because i m doing. We are writing more than 20 sentences to get one which will do the trick, You can use these websites to track the rank of Sentence which will trigger your customer to think.
These three websites provide scores of CTA, Title. A score of these websites varies according to the algorithm. You must select one whose score is more than 70% on two websites and 50% or more in Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer . Because this website provides a score on emotional touch in Text and how likely people engage with your content.
TIPS: Before creating a new one or hiring designer or company to make designs or video for you. Check out your competitor website for a better view.
Social Sharing | Spread your website Awareness
The social website is now on trends. You can find almost everything on a social networking website. Gov. to Officials, Enterprise to small companies, Music brand to singers, and all kind of people. According to stats published on Statica.com, People seek advice on social networking website for their online purchase, Like i do :D. You can use your customer review to target another customer to convince to buy a product to increase sales online website.
What should you do Now
So you must have Social Accounts on a platform where your customer is present. Do some deep research and find out From where your most of customers are living and Which website they using most, Give your presence there
Another way is you can simply follow your competitor and make an account on those websites where your competitor present Easy na? Yeah, it is, Just 1-2 hr work and you are done 🙂
You can use our OpenCart Social Sharing module which enables you to show social networking website icons to share your products. It is really easy and handy when your customer like product and want to share on their social profile
How to reach to More Customers
Post every Week something good and deliver something to your customers. Also, promote your Page or account to increase customer reach. You can use Influencer to the advantage of their audience. And Show of your products using their account. But you must select Influencer very carefully. Selecting the wrong Influencer will make your brand down in front of your customer.
Or you can use Paid promotion. If done carefully than your post will reach to your targeted audience you. Otherwise, you will just wast your money. Do it your self if you are good in it or hear someone who is perfect in paid promotion.
Adding MicroData | Local SEO
MicroData is technology recently emerged when Tech giant Google, Microsoft, Yandex, Yahoo, companies came together to get more sensible information from websites. That’s how today’s search result shows. From opening time to closing time, name, address, a more accurate result of your query. Adding MicroData to your website will get 2 positions above from your current ranking without doing anything. How to read ahead.
Let me tell you if you are not aware of Micro Data. MicroData is simple Html tags or JSON tags which tells information about website and page to search engine. How and what data they should look into your website. Example If you are selling Bakery items than search Engine should know it is e-commerce website, product price, qty, product image, no customer reviews, and overall customer rating. This is all you got in Google while searching.
If you implemented correctly then you can see your website search result also showing this information on Google and other search engines. Customer can assume you have good item and quality of service if rating and customer reviews are good.
Keep in mind do not right fake information in Micro Data, As Search engines are very smart and they try to match the information you gave into microdata is matching with your website content or not. And giving wrong information will make your website slip to down in search result.
Giving some free stuff | Attract customer
Medium task contains mainly relate to things which can give your sales boost. If you have not done an easy task than first complete that, or have any unfinished task, Please complete it. Then you can start it
Implement Schema to get rich snippets in your SERPs
I have listed steps which have writing work and one technical work. I will show changing little things like text how big impact on sales and customer retention. For speed up your website you must get someone or company who have a good track record of quality work. So let’s start it and make a website more reliable for customer
Change CTA | Increase in Sales
CTA is the text you one or two lines on banners of ads. They are written very carefully and must match with a customer profile. Your website also contains banner right. So do banner contains any kind of text on it? if yes then it is good. Or you write text like Signup, login, checkout page has text written on it. Let’s see how small Text impact overall order process
Add secondary CTAs for additional conversion actions
source: Google Research
How should you write CTA?
you must write text like this way
- First, analyze where a banner will place. According to placement and page. Write appropriate text which can trigger emotion to a customer and encourage in order to follow.
- The text should have emotional trigger words.
- Text can go 5 words to 15 words. But not more than 15, Otherwise it will convert into the paragraph and it will hurt your overall order progress
Speed optimize of your website | increase customer stay time
Opening the website on the browser is directly related to sales. If a website is slow to open than no customer will come ahead to buy from you. This is a fact. Check your website speed on either Google pagespeed insight or Gtmrix. Both websites will provide you an overall report on website speed.
Or you can use TestMySite which is recently launched from Google to give you more insight view according to website present in the same market you are in.
Get your website lading speed to 2-3 sec or max 4 sec. Heir developer or company who can decrease loading speed to 2-3-4 sec. Because customer patience time is maxed 5 sec. If the website does not open within 5 sec then they leave and go to the next website this is called Bounce rate. You can check in Google Analytics or other tools you implemented in your website.
You must aware, increasing sales on a website means the website must be mobile friendly and open within a few seconds. This will help your company to increase sales online.
Abundant cart Email notification | encourage customer to buy
Every company facing this issue. Estimate lose is around 20% or revenue of the overall year. It is a really big issue for e-commerce company. m sure it is happening with you also. Amazon and other companies came with the solution of sending an email back to the customer who tries to buy a product but did not complete order for some reason. Here is how e-commerce companies increase their revenue by 10% by just sending Abundant cart email
- Either you can install Abundant cart email module to your website or write your own script
- This module will auto send email to the customer who did not complete their order.
- Email have previous order product + related product
- Send 2 emails a week and 1 email the second week or you set time according to whatever suites to your customer
- Also include UTM code – tracking code which tells you to order placed is came from Abundant cart email so you can track revenue
Yup! Now you are ready to get your customer back to buy a product. Hell, it works like magic. Must try it if you are doing it before. If you doing it then you can do with adding tracking code UTM to email links so you can get clear revenue.
Or else you can use our OpenCart Abandoned Cart Module to recover lost order from a customer who leaves on the checkout page. This can help you without making many efforts. If you unaware of using it then you must read how to use Abandoned Cart Module effectively.
Writing Good CTA on the shopping Cart page or Checkout page | Boost sales by 5%
According to a study by Google branch: Writing good and effective Call to Action sentence makes people more confident and encourage to place the order. Here is Google Report.
BettingExpert.com tweaked the form copy (headline & button text), led to an increase of 33% in membership sign-ups
Original: Sign Up
Test: Sign Up & Get the Best Daily Tips
source : Google Research
I think you got an idea what i m trying to say. You can also write catchy and effective Call to Action sentence to increase your sales. and get your customer confidence back. It will also help you to increase your sales online on your website without investing much. Here is how you can write
- List out your competitor website
- Open all competitor website if they are less than 4
- Now open your website
- Time to match Call to Action lines on competitor websites and your website
- We are going to check only 5 pages: Home page, Category Product list page, product page, Shopping cart page, Checkout page. These pages are where Most of Call to Action lines are present.
- Now get either on Notebook or excel sheet or Doc to Write down a call to action of competitor and your website with the name of the website. Where you can check them later with ease
- Carefully examine text present on competitors and yours.
- Write down what you think is important
- When you completed analyzing 5 pages: Home page, Category Product list page, product page, Shopping cart page, Checkout page.
- Its time to close the browser and take 5 min break
- Now get back to work and read text or call to action lines of competitor and your website, Compare them.
- Are they have equal weight to get customer retention? or not
- If not than WRITE NEW CALL TO ACTION for your website
Do it regularly. It will make you ahead of your competitor and also help you to make new and better strategy of marketing.
Let me know how it helps you in the comment.
Encourage the customer to write Review of products | get trust for future sales (paid Review: but everyone easily gets it)
60 out of 100 customers read a review of product before buying a product. And i m one of them who read reviews of the previous customer.
Here are some facts you might read
Nearly 95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase (Spiegel Research Center, 2017)
72% of customers don’t take action until they have read reviews (Testimonial Engine)
94% of customers read online reviews (Fan and Fuel, 2016)
93% of local consumers use reviews to determine if a local business is good or bad (BrightLocal, 2017)
That’s why many companies want to to write a review of their product and send us a reminder email. I m sure you also got one email per month.
Do not you read a review before buying the product online. If yes then it same for your customer too. They also need reviews to read about the product you are selling to get is it worth to buy or not.
Check is your website has reviews of your previous customers. If not then you must email or call them to write a review on the product and how the product helps them to achieve their goal.
Email and Call to your existing customer | get a customer back
This really works. And it is a proven method to increase sales, also this method does not take a lot of money to the target customer and need to make a new marketing strategy to get a new customer.
We are going to target an old customer who either not buying a product from us or not come back to our website for a long time. We already have their data to either Email or Call them.
This technique is called Cold Targeting if i m not wrong. Let me tell how to do it effectively to boost your sales figure. To increase your sales online your company must do customer re-targeting to get an old customer back to your website.
- Export or get order history at least 1 year of order history works well but if you get 2 years data than we can target more specifically.
- Now make a list of customer who either buys one product or their order failed or not completed.
- Save into another file their Email, Name, Phone no, product name they bought, order date. This information will help us to make targeting easy. For some reason this information is not available, do not panic, we will go with Name, Email only.
- Let’s start with Email marketing, as it is cost effective and easy to do. Make an account on MailChimp or other email sending service who offer free service. Or you can go with your own email service if you have.
- Write Email carefully. I suggest you check this website they offer cold email template, i m also copying from them (:D) It always works.
- Make UTM code to track people came from a cold email.
- Let’s start with the customer who not bought the product since 2-3 month, as they could be a short period of time and they can call their order easily.
- wait for 1 week and track how many customers came back from the email you sent
- An open rate of email
- Click rate of a link on the email
- How many request you something?
- How many made order
- These things help us to create a second email template
- Now, If the result is not satisfied. Then create a second email template and send to the customer did not buy product for 6 months. And track above data
- Like this send email to all.
I m sure you will get 10% customer back to your website if you did it well.
Now do it the same with a customer whom you call. Make Sure, you have either copy pen or computer or mobile to write down their requirement. Call center does. Read more how it doe more effectively here.
Blogging | Your presence | SEO
Blogging is one of a perfect way to increase your online presence between your customer circle. Blog content not only appear on Search Engine but also you can share on Social Networking Websites, forums, question answers websites, image sharing website, and many more places. Here is how you can do Blogging effectively
Use OpenCart Blog Module to add a blog to your website. It has all the features which require to run a blog. Also, you can match the color scheme with your website. And Follow these steps
- Find out customers need and write an article on how to solve and offer your product as a solution
- Give monthly update from your website
- Your content may also have a list of free products which your customer always need and looking for
- Write some article on your products how it could solve their problem in an easy way
This will help you keep moving up in Search Ranking and you can get customer organically, you can not rely on another website, Do not know when these website is going to change rules or shut down their website. you must increase customer base from organically to increase your sales online
YEAH! It is the most difficult task and needs full attention. Competitor Analysis is not easy, you must know it before heading over it. But the result will always good when done correctly. I have listed out some tactics you can follow to get competitor hard work to beat their rank on Search Engine and Sales, This is how All Companies doing. If you are not doing this before, Than start from here. These tactics involve some Technical parts you can do it yourself or heir SEO company or the person who is really very very good in Competitor Analysis, otherwise, you are going to through your hard earned money to the river.
Steal Competitor On Page SEO Info| Analyzing competitor
Getting competitor website On Page SEO data like Targeting keywords, alt tags of images, Content word count on pages, Keywords list on products pages. These information use to compare your website to check your doing right or wrong or better.
Track Down Highly Engage Products of Competitor
Tracking Traffic Source
HARD But Effective To Increase Sales Online
CTV – Customer lifetime Value | overall customer sales and profit analysis
Steal competitor info | Analyzing competitor
Follow competitor | copying Competitor technique to get sales
I will explain these tactics when i got time. Till then you can search on the net over these. All listed tactics can use correctly to increase sales online. Also, your online presence will increase after that more customers will know about you and your company.
P.S. Images are from Internet, an only first banner is ours.